- Created on Friday, 20 March 2009 01:24
So it's time to confess why I've been silently unavailable the past several months.
Tripwire Interactive announces Killing Floor, a survival-horror co-op shooter for PC!
Today, 20th March 2009, Tripwire is proud to announce its next title – Killing Floor – coming soon to Steam.
Roswell, GA, March 20th 2009 – Tripwire Interactive is proud to announce Killing Floor, due for release over Steam in the near future. Killing Floor is a first-person co-op survival horror, set in and around London after a mad scientist’s “specimens” have broken loose and gone on the rampage.
The game features:
- Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens
- Solo game mode for offline play
- Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo “ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer
- 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers
- 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower
- Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive
- Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities
- Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors
- Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight – or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde
- Full support for Steamworks features, including Steam Achievements and Friends
- Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters
- Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods
For more information over the coming weeks, see the Killing Floor website and forums: www.killingfloorthegame.com.
Tripwire Interactive LLC